Ephesians 1

I kneel before the Father... and pray to know the width, length, height and depth of the LOVE of Christ... Amen

Friday, September 24, 2010

Best friends near or far


Two of my best friend's WEB LOG.
If you follow me on Twitter, Facebook, MySpace (jk. I think I'm better than most people with MySpace. Besides, I think it's for the music crowd), you know I am obsessed with my two friends, Jordan and K8ie gurl Anderson.
He's a chaco-flannel-Levi-wearing Tiger Head (AU alum), wet cat (AU swimmer), Banjo picking and skit performing enthusiast (YL leader).
She has a Moe's-pizza-and-Birthday-Cake-ice-cream palette with a rockin body. She loves nicknames, lilies, notes and early bedtimes. But I love her most for her unmatched ability to deeply love a wretch like me despite my mood swings and all-too-often tendency to pull away from the ones I need the most.
Freshman year in ADPi, I was blessed to meet Katie . Then I got to live with her on the ADPi hall and in 36 Mafia with 4 other best sista friends. I met Jordan through my "magnet" friend whom was also influential in kindling the K8ie+Jordo=4eva fire.
I liked Jordan because he entertained me in between classes in the Haley Center. He was (who am I kidding-IS) way cooler than I, so I appreciated his companionship.
Now, when I say I liked him-I did. But that didn't mean I liked him coming in and dating my bff.
I need to confess this because for all who knew me at the time Jordan was pursuing Katie so patiently and confidently, I was not-so subtly protective.
I was protective because she had been hurt indifferent to what Jordan was or was not doing. I was also protective because of the caliber of man I knew him to be in the short time I had known him. That sounds backwards, but isn't that the mind of a girl for you?
I have been affirmed EVERY time since the first few days of our friendship he was as genuine and intentional as they come. I knew he was the real deal.
THAT terrified me because those are the kinds of guys who ride off into painted sunsets and steal your best friends.
It didn't take long (well, I was the last bff to accept them, but give me a break) for me to concede my reservations and happily support this couple. The rest is history documented thanks to various Facebook albums, visions of swim meets dancing in our heads and countless stories that will be re-told to their all-star kids and my red-headed heathens of unforgettable porch nights and lake trips.
Now, I have a brother AND my sista friend.
Here's the kicker: He is actually stealing her away-not to never never land via side saddle on some tantalizing stallion, but to England via Delta (maybe even United).
AND I'm not even upset about this fairytale. I'm pumped.
Because it's not a cursive "The End" after a Disney movie or "happily ever after" just yet...
It's the beginning.
I joined my best friends in marriage, and you better believe I'm using my dad's Sky Miles and sick days to go visit.
Now that K8ie gurl blogs, I can shout out to her with hope she'll see it:

Here's a toast to... you know the rest, but most of all here's a toast to my best friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails