Ephesians 1

I kneel before the Father... and pray to know the width, length, height and depth of the LOVE of Christ... Amen

Thursday, March 4, 2010

My quads hate me for this...

But my butt is thankful for my New Year's Resolution- a half marathon.
In middle and high school I ran track, but I competed in events like the 100 m and 300 m hurdles, the 200 m relay and for one night only the 400 m relay.
At about the 200 m mark, I promised the Lord never to do X, Y, and Z ever again, if He would never punish me with the 400 m ever again...
Honestly, I chose them because I was decent and got our team points.
Upon entering college, I started running for longer distances. I am slightly athletic and slightly competitive, so it was experimental and a new way to keep in shape with my new college friends who are also athletic and competitive.
Besides, I love the way running shoes make my legs specifically my calves look.
I soon grew to love the feeling of my legs burning, face sweating and side cramping. Not only do I enjoy the physical aspect, but I love the mental and spiritual space running affords me.
The Avett Brothers have a line that I think about when I run. It says,
"So when you run make sure you run
to something and not away from
cause lies don't need an aeroplane to chase you anywhere."
I love running to think. I don't run to a specific destination or away from my problems, but I run to "walk it out" as DJ UNK, another respected artist, says in clubs and dance floors across the US of A.
It helps that Auburn stays beautiful, and I can run outside most of the year, if I time it right. Summer-morning and night
Winter-mid-afternoon
So the half-marathon is this weekend. If I survive, which is highly likely considering my running partner, Brittany, and I have already gotten to 10.75, I shall blog all about it.
And yes, if i could, I would share the serious calories we're going to burn with y'all.
If you are inspired by my truly touching story and want to run yourself today, I have found this little site to be pretty helpful when designing a training schedule.
Live in love...


http://www.mapmyrun.com/create_new

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails