Ephesians 1

I kneel before the Father... and pray to know the width, length, height and depth of the LOVE of Christ... Amen

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Family 101

Because my lil bro is one of my best friends...
All you need is love...
We are family...
Lean on me. I'll be your friend. I'll help you carry on...
Have a little faith in me...
Man, I feel like a woman...

OK that song didn't fit in at all, but when is Shania not wanted...

I only got a few days of vaca, but it was spent with my best friends and family. Wouldn't have it any other way.
Sometimes, we don't want to hear the truth. We take certain liberties and say the most flattering version of the situation, and we want hear we did exactly the right thing no matter what.
When I don't want to fool myself, and I need a come-to-Jesus opinion, I ask my most trusted, honest friend. That's my lil bro.
Do I look fat?
Did you like him?
What should I do with my life?
He's brutally honest lacking compassion every now and again, but always sincere. We are both quality timers. I blame myself for encouraging that... Anywho, since he grew up with me, the most emotionally needy person ever, he's sensitive to my sometimes/usually/all-too-often ridiculous ways.
He's the best brother ever. ever. ever.
That's fam 101 from me.

Coming soon is the adventure in Roanoke, Virginia where I celebrated Katie and Jordan's engagement and spent quality time with one of my favorite families in the whole-wide world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails